- To create a forum where groups working on economic issues link up, share experiences from national, regional and international perspectives.
- To strengthen the capacity of members ant their partners at all levels to analyze, critique and build alternatives to unjust economic policies through research, training, metorship and information sharing.
- To enhance women productive capacities through business projects' incubation and microfinance support
- Training and capacity building
- Research policy analysis and advocacy
- Media advocacy
- Networking, communication and information management
- Working with coalitions and alliances
- Working with and through the All Africa Council of Churches
- Resources development and publications
- Capacity building.